Monday, June 22, 2009

Quote of the Day

While I was working in Memphis during 2008 I started a daily routine within Community Service called the "Quote of the Day." I used a Franklin Covey day planner and the guts of the planner had many different motivational tools and techniques for the everyday businessman/woman. It also provided our sales team with a little extra motivation each day, and a positive outlook during a bleak economic time. With an entire nation struggling, sales has been hard hit in all aspects, especially death-care. Not only did my fellow colleagues enjoy it, but I've missed the uplifting feeling of the positive vibes generated from the quote du jour. So in bringing this back, I will start with my favorite quote from my favorite athlete ever. Even "his Airness" had to struggle before he could achieve greatness!

I've missed over 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot . . . and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
-Michael Jordan

No comments: